1st class riffs and musings

Friday, September 29, 2006

Flag Wrapping

My father used to tell me that when fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in our flag. He is not alive and would be glad to not see our country democratically vote itself into a fascist dictatorship.

Last night I was watching this new show, Shark. There was one line that fortunately lifts my sadness and dries my tears. Shark tells one of his lawyers, "Put a band aid on your bleeding heart and do your job." I am a lucky liberal - I've signed no papers, made no speeches, done no foreign travel -- And my friends are, I think, all "solid citizens." The danger is not to me; it is to my world. So I can apply the band aid and do my job.

My job is simple, not easy, but simple. It is to have everyone I speak to pay attention to our planet - Save money and go green. Not the green of greenbacks; the green of give backs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home