1st class riffs and musings

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Oils Well That Ends

Everybody (who believes in science) knows that we're in a global warming crisis. In a way that's a smoke screen (exhaust smoke, of course.) It stops us from dealing with a far more serious concern - that we're running out of oil.

I've just checked(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_reserves). Our chjildren, certainly our grandchildren and for sure our great granchildren will not face the global warming crisis due to oil burning. There won't be any.

I'm not thinking now of driving. I think that's the most minor face of this problem. So I can't drive - big deal. I'll telecommute. But waitaminit. How can I repair my computer or get a new one? Isn't everything made of plastic? What will happen to plastic?

Forget plastic.. How will I eat? Everything we eat travels an average of 1,000 miles. Am I going to have to eat locallyt? No more bananas? Kiwi fruit? Pineapples?

Is anyone working on this crisis? Does anyone with any resources have any awareness or commitment in this area? Hey. Personally, I'm 69 years old. It won't affect me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home