1st class riffs and musings

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Human Butterflies

The "Butterfly Effect" is the propensity of a system to be sensitive to initial conditions and become unpredictable over time. This idea gave rise to the notion of a butterfly flapping its wings in one area of the world, and causing a tornado to occur in another remote area of the world. Why do we think this phenomenon is about the weather?

It’s not that if I flap my wings I can cause a tornado. But my flapping mouth can cause a buzz in your ears. Yesterday a couple of kids drove their bikes in front of my car and gave me the finger. I started to curse them and ranted abour spontaneous abortions for selected teens. And my wife reminded me about the Butterfly Effect. My words, even within the confines of my own car, have an effect. They change the energy fields that I live in, that my wife lives in, that the kids live in.

I have to learn that my spirit is everywhere. We have to learn that our spirits are everywhere. We make a difference. Always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home