1st class riffs and musings

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Perspectives - February 5th, 2007:Let’s Talk About Start

Perspectives – February 5th, 2007

Let’s Talk About Start

I’m working on a website that will include START. It’s called www.Grow2Green.com.
Nancy essentially owns that site. It will consist of 3 things – a newsletter that shares about what we’ve experienced in greening our lives, the START website, and pointers to what we consider useful/valuable green products.

Here’s what START is - People decide they’re committed to a green world. We are distressed by the virtually daily news stories of environmental ‘problems.’ We keep hearing that there are things we can do. But somehow we don’t feel as if we’re doing enough, or doing it right, or making any difference.

I will use my knowledge and experience as a coach to work with you to support you powerfully in this area – how to set specific goals, how to gather support, how to enroll other people in what you want, etc. In addition, we’ll deal with specific, pertinent topics as well as coachinbg you on whatever you need to move forward.

We’ll also have a chat room and forum on the site – We want it to be totally valuable to you.

The first START call will be from 7:30 – 8:30est on Thursday, Feb 8. The number is
1-218-936-6666 – x 998765#. I haven’t arranged for calls to be recorded (yet) – I’m still an amateur.

START will consist of two teleconferences a month, for people committed to making a difference with their lives, and will cost $15/month or $150/yr. This first call is free, of course.

Useful Quotes

We are seeking another basic outlook: the world as an organization. This would profoundly change the categories of our thinking and influence our practical attitudes. We must envision the biosphere as a whole with mutually reinforcing or mutually destructive interdependencies.
Ludwig Von Bertalanffy

We won't have a society if we destroy the environment.
Margaret Mead

What is the good of having a nice house
without a decent planet to put it on?
Henry David Thoreau

Smile, it's free therapy
Edwardo Rosso

My experience with these groups is that the stronger the collective wisdom present, the stronger my sense of unique individuality -- only now it's within the context of the whole rather than separate from the whole.
Tom Callanan

The Creative Corner

At Last, I Learned to See

I learned to look at the sky
To see the clouds form and move
In stately kaleidoscopic dancing
I learned to see, to see the sun
Change the colors of the trees
The colors of the seasons
The colors of the faces of my friends
I’ve become afraid to look
I don’t believe it

Before -I never even saw the sky
I didn’t care
I noticed rain and snow
I noticed heat and cold
Only because I had to
I had to dress you know
I had to clothe my body
But I never cared
I was snared by the culture,
By the way it seems to be

And now I see
It’s time to move the dance,
Change the pace and rhythm
and be in tune with
our partners – who leads
And who follows.

Michael Lipp
www.1stclasscoaching.com

2 Comments:

  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Andrew said…

    Hello Michael. Great to see you on blogger! I have been "filing" your Perspectives newsletter emails for a couple of years or so - I don't know maybe even more? ... and having them up on the web will ease the burden on my outlook.pst file! I don't always read them (embarassed) - depending on how "busy" I am feeling, but when I do I often find something moving or inspiring or useful or interesting. Thank you for taking the trouble, and making the contribution, and giving of yourself.

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Andrew said…

    Hello Michael. Great to see you on blogger! I have been "filing" your Perspectives newsletter emails for a couple of years or so - I don't know maybe even more? ... and having them up on the web will ease the burden on my outlook.pst file! I don't always read them (embarassed) - depending on how "busy" I am feeling, but when I do I often find something moving or inspiring or useful or interesting. Thank you for taking the trouble, and making the contribution, and giving of yourself.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home