1st class riffs and musings

Monday, February 19, 2007

Perspectives: February 19th, 2007

Life, Love and Money

I’ve been writing these articles for years. And I’ve always seen them as somehow not relevant to my work – having a certain nobility, a purity of purpose - blecch. One result of this is that whenever I’ve ‘advertised’ for clients, I’ve had no response.

I’ve finally come to see how off-purpose I’ve been about this. (This realization is consistent with my ‘discovery’ of The Secret) In my background somewhere has been this peculiar relationship with money that is completely contrary to the point of having money. Listen to this absurdity: If you love what you do, you shouldn’t do it for money. This goes a long way to explaining my history.

It’s clear to me that while most of you (I hope) don’t have this insanity, most of us have some insanity mixing up our life, loving it all and dealing with success and money.

Here’s my personal point. I intend to supplement my income in a big way by my use of the internet. I’m actually an expert on how to do this, but have shied away from even talking about it because of my self-contradictions. No more. I’m dealing now with three sites, currently evolving and heading toward Profit. Most of you would like your sites to be more than (at best) animated business cards. I’m available.

Thursday evening, from 7:30 – 8:30 is START night –living a sustainable life in a sustainable world.
The number is 1-218 936 6666 access: 998765#

If you want to use this article (or any of my articles) in your Ezine, newsletter or website, you can – as long as you include this bio with it:
Michael Lipp, MS, coach and author provides innovative and profitable strategies to entrepreneurs, seniors, and people committed to sustainability and/or creativity. My website is being redesigned – Write me at michaellipp@1stclasscoaching.com

Useful Quotes

The mind has exactly the same power as the hands:
not merely to grasp the world, but to change it.
Colin Wilson

The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work.
Richard Bach

To educate yourself for the feeling of gratitude means to take nothing for granted, but to always seek out and value the kind that will stand behind the action. Nothing that is done for you is a matter of course. Everything originates in a will for the good, which is directed at you. Train yourself never to put off the word or action for the expression of gratitude.
Albert Schweitzer

It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.
George Horace Lorimer

Money is like a sixth sense –
and you can't make use of the other five without it
W. Somerset Maugham

The Creative Corner
Wrong Way Corrigan
I used to think that profit
was profligate
I had my own scales and measured
in my peculiar way
my hours against my money
This left me with fewer hours
to enjoy
and a minimum of money t
o enjoy them with.
But now I see the world’s
been waiting for me and I have been
so profligate,
so recklessly wasteful,
that I have lived to minimize my contributions

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home